Right now, there is a literacy crisis in Houston as thousands of children are reading below grade level.
Right now, we can make a difference
Right now, You can make a difference
Are you passionate about children's education with a heart to serve? Would you like a rewarding part-time job where you can make a difference?
If so, The Literacy Lab, a new initiative of Literacy Now, might just be for you.
- The Literacy Lab is designed for people who have a heart for children (K - 2nd grade) and a passion for education but may have not had formal teaching training or degree in early childhood education or related fields.
- Participants must have a bachelor's degree from an accredited university.
- Participants will be trained on small group instruction, how to work with struggling readers, engage parents, work in a school environment, and much more.
- The program runs from 1/30/2023 through 4/27/2023, 8:30 AM - 2:30 PM.
- Option to work during summer school programming through 7/12/2023.
- Upon successful completion of this program, participants will be offered a part-time position with Literacy Now as a Reading Interventionist.
Hear what our current staff say about Literacy Now:
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com
Literacy Now provides reading readiness intervention programs, parent engagement opportunities, and trained volunteer mentors for our Lunch Bunch program - elements contributing to children's long-term success. Our overarching goal is to empower students to read on grade level by the end of third grade, thereby increasing the likelihood that children will graduate from high school and be ready to pursue postsecondary goals.